Be Kind to Animals Week: May 6th – 12th
The American Humane Association created Be Kind to Animals Week in 1915 to encourage compassion toward animals. Every year, animal shelters throughout the country hold special events during this time-honored week to raise awareness about animals in our homes and communities and to celebrate the unique bond between humans and animals.
To celebrate Be Kind to Animals Week, HHHS has developed this page to honor businesses and individuals who wish to be part of the celebration. We invite everyone to make a donation of $25 or more to HHHS and write a special message to be posted here. The message can be in honor or memory of a beloved pet, it can be a message of animal celebration, or it can simply be your name.*
*HHHS reserves the right to edit, shorten or exclude inappropriate comments or subject matter.
Other ways to celebrate from American Humane Association
• Report any suspected animal abuse or neglect to animal control
• Commit to adopting your next pet from an animal shelter
• Donate to or volunteer at your local animal shelter
• Spay or neuter your pets and encourage friends and family to do the same
• Spend quality time with your pet
• Make sure your pet has an ID tag or microchip
• Drive cautiously through areas populated by wild animals such as deer
• Plant flowers in your yard that will attract butterflies or hummingbirds
• Speak out in your community about the importance of respecting animals
• Visit www.americanhumane.org for activities children and adults can do together